ZJack Agolli, Matt Assael, Ashlyn Bedard, and Chima Okafor
- Rainwater runoff in Central Massachusetts is a continuous problem that is polluting nearby bodies of water.
- Agriculture is the largest user of water in the Untied States, so sustainable agriculture can reduce energy use and water use.
Marianna Bailey, Craig Barrett, Allysa Grant, Basak Soylu, and Jessica Wey
Due to runoff from the roads, major highways, the inhabitants that live in the lakes vicinity, and the industries on the shore, Lake Quinsigamond has become excessively polluted.
- Raise oxygen levels in the lake and decrease pH levels by implementing a solution.
Ian Banatoski, T-Manh Nguyen, Marisa Sposato, and Cote Taylor
Guatemala receives an excessive amount of rainfall each year and is one of the world’s largest coffee suppliers. These two factors have produced the problem of hemileia vastatrix, commonly known as Coffee Rust.
Jacqueline Barr, Dominic Cupo, Steven Knott, and Julie McLarnon
Overloading of the sewer system is causing runoff to pollute local areas.
Ryan Beaver, Luke Brady, Kevin Guth, and Jack Nigro
Andrzej Bielecki, Constantina Drakontis, Evan King, and Jia Cheng Zhou
Stephanie Cappelli, Yu Jing, Akshay Rao, and Taylor Teed
Carolyn Morales Collado, Tim Reuter, Howard Vance, and Nicolette Vere
The use of GMO crops encourages the use of Herbicides. The over use poor application of herbicides in no till farming. Water pollution due to herbicide use. Small farms having to relocate due to herbicide drift.
Brandon Coll, Michaela Dowling, Megan Hanshaw, and Charlotte Moore
To determine and recommend the best solution that will eliminate or reduce cholera in the waterways of a community in La Gonâve, Haiti
Zachary Estrella, Evelyn Grainger, Lenna Quackenbush, and Peter John Smith
- Develop a curriculum to educate students on water sustainability and engineering solutions
- Develop method for evaluating effectiveness of curriculum
- Fundraise for a rainwater harvesting system at Tatnuck Magnet School
Poster Presentation, Judge's Winner (2014)
Allison Holmes, Riley McManus, Peter Noaln, and Sarah Wutka
The current public perception of the pond has a negative connotation. There is no common ground for restoration efforts which halts the Master Plan’s implementation.
Edward Seol, Ryan Walsh, and Justin Waters
Develop a strategy to stop or reduce the destructive erosion on Plum Island.
Printing is not supported at the primary Gallery Thumbnail page. Please first navigate to a specific Image before printing.