Brown, David C.
This project studied the feasibility of adapting a website using a genetic algorithm, in response to user access patterns. We created a hierarchical website and allowed a genetic algorithm to modify its structure. We ran experiments to gather data about how users accessed the site before and after its modification. We found that user access time generally improved after the site had been modified, and concluded that this is a viable approach for adaptive websites.
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Major Qualifying Project
Access to this report is limited to members of the WPI community. Please contact a project advisor or their department to request access
Restricted-WPI community only